Lets face it the actual act of being in work isn’t the most inspirational place in the world is it? Especially when it’s your own business!
Usually you’re too involved in solving the current problems and it’s whilst you are under this constant pressure it’s impossible to be get creative and inspirational.
I’ve been going through some self development in the last few years and I came across a brilliant philosopher called Jim Rohn. One of his famous sayings is
“Reasons come first… answers come second.”
There is another saying that surfers always say and that is “Only A Surfer Knows The Feeling” and there isn’t just one reason but many. Here is a list of my favourite and probably most common.
- Firstly, surfing makes you happy. The thrill of riding a wave or even falling off is a guaranteed way to give you a smile,
- With all the online technologies and social media platforms it’s far too easy for us to forget about our bodies, so surfing helps us keep fit,
- As we all know life can get pretty crazy, especially if you own and run your own business, getting out amongst the waves is the perfect distraction,
- If you have ever felt as though your life is stale or boring try surfing to hep you understand the importance of getting out of your comfort zone,
- Being in the ocean is often when I have my best ideas and thoughts, its a great way to escape everything around you and lets you focus,
- We all love holidays and adventures and the worlds our oyster when it comes to surfing trips. Take a boat to the Maldives or a road trip on the east coast of Ireland and it will be the best holiday of your life.